I use a free service call Site Meter to track my visitors to On The Road With Dave.
Currently, this service seems to be having problems and the meter code was causing an Internet Explorer Abort error. It seems to be caused by a script error in the site meter code.
I’ve removed the code temporarily which might affect the actual count of visitors to my site.
I have also removed the meter at Tex’s Quixtar Blog.
SiteMeter IE Issues Resolved
Dear SiteMeter Users,
We corrected a compatibility issue with our SiteMeter tracking code and IE7 and IE6 browsers that started last night.
The problem was related to some work we were doing on the backend system for our upcoming website launch.
We’ve identified and resolved two separate but related issues –
1 – IE Users viewing pages – The error occured when the SiteMeter tag was not a direct child of the body tag (e.g. if the tag was within a table or div). Recent changes we made created a failure for visitors viewing sites using Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 6.
2 – Accessing SiteMeter and Stats – Individuals trying to access or view their SiteMeter stats by clicking on their SiteMeter logo/icons were unable to gain access. This again appears to have affected only individuals using IE7 and IE6.
At this time both problems have been fixed and our services are fully operational.
For those who removed the SiteMeter code from your pages please be assured that the problem has been resolved and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any questions please let us know by submitting a support ticket at support.sitemeter.com.
The SiteMeter Team